Dr. Abuaish’s research interst is examining early life maternal environmental factors in shaping the health outcomes of individuals with specific focus on neuroendocrinology. She does that mainly in animal models, however she is keen in translating knowledge obtained from animals to humans. Her approach is to integrate several biological levels from behaviour and physiology to molecular changes in gene expression to understand the health and disease in these models.
- Animal models of obesity and neuropsychatric disorders
- Animal behavior (several behavioral tests in rodents)
- Animal physiology (RIA and ELISA)
- Gene expression and DNA methylation (qPCR, pyrosequencing, RRBS)
- Brain anatomy (microdissection)